Did I set out to make a Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookie recipe? No but it happened and I’m so happy about it. I started playing around with a lemon sugar cookie earlier this summer and during one of the trials, I saw the sprinkles in the pantry and thought, that would be a lot more fun so in they went and out came the most delicious, colorful cookie.
Vegan baking can be intimidating. In fact I avoided it for quite some time. I think I mentioned that in my Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie recipe. Once I started baking without dairy or eggs, it became a fun challenge and I got addicted to it. There are plenty of options for substituting these products when baking that work well but are not everyday products. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t call for any unusual ingredients and it’s so quick – all you need is 10 pantry staple ingredients and about 30 minutes and you’ll be sinking your teeth into a soft sugar cookie.
Just like a traditional cookie recipe, the butter and sugar are creamed together first. I have made these with a couple different plant based butters including vegetable oil based, cashew cream based, and avocado oil based. They all work well so use whichever you have on hand! Then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and non-dairy milk and mix to combine. Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl and then combine. Now the fun part – the sprinkles! Fold them in, roll the dough into balls, and bake for 10-11 minutes. Allow to cool for at least a few minutes before diving in!Print
Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies are soft, delicious, and colorful and they’re ready in under 30 minutes with only 10 ingredients!
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Cream sugar and butter until fluffy and white. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk. Mix until well combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl and mix. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until cohesive dough forms. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Roll 1.5 tablespoon dough into balls and place on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. If you want a bolder sprinkle look, press a few extra sprinkles into the tops of the dough balls. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Tops of cookies will not brown but bottoms will slightly. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- If you want a bolder sprinkle look, press a few extra sprinkles into the tops of the dough balls.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert, cookies
Keywords: funfetti cookies, vegan cookies, sugar cookies
Leave a Reply