This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is so creamy and packed with flavor without any dairy and it’s nut free! I feel like I’ve been using cashews for every non-dairy creamy dish lately and I wanted to try something different. When I was planning for this dip, I remembered coming across this nut-free vegan sour cream recipe from Natural Comfort Kitchen where she uses tahini. Brilliant! So I thought maybe I could try that for the creamy component of my Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip and it worked deliciously!
One of the most beautiful parts of this yummy appetizer is that it only takes one (oven proof) pan – woo! You sauté the shallot, garlic, artichokes, and spinach together, allowing it to cook down a bit before you add the tahini, oat milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and salt in pepper. Then in the same pan, you top the whole thing with a crispy breadcrumb and vegan parmesan cheese mixture and pop the whole thing in the oven. You can also serve it in that same pan alongside chips, toasted bread, or crackers for a *rustic* look.
This dip would make a great addition to your Super Bowl spread in a couple weeks. It will be sure to satisfy vegan and non-vegan friends and family! For an absolutely divine vegan dip spread, serve this alongside my Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip! Yum!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke DipCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
A creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip delicious scooped up with bread, crackers, or chips!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced or grated
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
12 oz. jarred or canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
8 oz fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup smooth tahini
1 ¼ cup oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup vegan parmesan
Bread, crackers, or chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron or other oven safe pan over medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add artichokes and spinach, tossing with shallot and garlic mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Add tahini, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Combine breadcrumbs and vegan parmesan in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly across the top.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until dip is bubbling and the top is golden and crisp. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply