Peach Tomato Basil Gazpacho has all the delicious flavors of summer packed into a cold refreshing soup. Simple, quick, and totally vegan.
- 1 lb of fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 peach, quartered
- 1/4 of sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 very large handful of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon aleppo pepper or substitute with 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 slices of sourdough, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salted non-dairy or dairy butter
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy or dairy yogurt thinned out with 1-2 tablespoons of water to a drizzling consistency
- Chopped basil
- Aleppo pepper (optional)
Combine all the gazpacho ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
Allow to rest in the blender at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If leaving it for longer, place it in the fridge for up to 4-6 hours.
After resting, turn the blender on low for 30 seconds to re-combine everything.
Pour the blender liquid through a fine mesh strainer and strain out all the fibers and pulp so that the remaining liquid is a smooth consistency. Discard pulp.
To prepare the croutons, heat butter in a cast iron pan at medium heat until melted. Add cubed sourdough and toss well so that each cube is coated in butter. Cook, tossing every minute, until bread is toasted. Remove and set aside.
To serve, ladle gazpacho into bowls, drizzle with olive oil and yogurt and top with fresh basil croutons.
- Prep Time: 60
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: Peach tomato basil gazpacho, gazpacho