There are many reasons you should buy in-season produce but arguably the most convincing reason is that in-season produce tastes better. There are no better examples of this than tomatoes and corn. Two things I refuse to buy when it isn’t summertime. This Roasted Tomato and Corn Pasta is a delicious recipe that celebrates both tomato and corn combined in a beautiful, silky pasta dish.
This dish was inspired by pasta I had at Cactus Club Cafe while we were in Vancouver, BC. Cactus Club Cafe’s dish was inspired by shrimp scampi and was white wine based. For this recipe, I omitted the white wine and relied on a different ingredient to boost the flavors in the sauce – miso paste!
To highlight the beautiful flavors of sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh corn, they are prepared simply with olive oil, salt, and pepper before heading into the oven until tomatoes begin to burst and the corn begins to turn golden brown around the edges. As the corn and tomatoes are roasting, boil pasta and make the sauce. You can use any preferred pasta here but I love a long pasta like linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti for this dish.
The sauce begins by melting down dairy or non-dairy butter and sautéing garlic. Then the most important ingredient, white miso paste! This brings a delicious umami to the pasta which makes this dish so delicious! I keep it in my fridge and add it to so many dishes that I feel like are missing a little something. From there you make a simple roux with flour and allow it to cook until it begins to darken. Then add dairy or non-dairy milk to create a silky smooth sauce. Everything is tossed together and then topped with fresh basil and vegan or dairy parmesan cheese.
This Roasted Tomato and Corn Pasta comes together in under 30 minutes and is the perfect summer pasta dish!Print
Roasted Tomato and Corn Pasta
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This Roasted Tomato and Corn Pasta highlights some of summer’s best produce in a delicious, silky sauce and comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1/2 stick dairy or non-dairy butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 oz. pasta
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
Roasted corn and tomatoes:
- 3 stalks of corn, kernels cut off
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh basil
- Boil water and added salt. Cook pasta to al dente. Strain and set aside. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, combine corn, tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tomatoes burst and corn is beginning to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add butter and melt.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add miso paste and red pepper flakes and whisk to combine.
- Once miso is fully incorporated, lower heat to low and sprinkle in flour and whisk to create a thick paste. Cook for 2 minutes until roux begins to darken.
- Slowly pour in milk and whisk until you achieve a thick, smooth sauce. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Once all components are complete, lightly toss pasta, sauce, tomatoes, and corn together. If sauce has thickened too much, add pasta water 1-2 tablespoons at a time until you’ve achieved your desired consistency.
- Serve topped with chopped fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
Keywords: roasted tomato and corn pasta, tomato pasta, corn pasta, summer pasta
Leave a Reply